Open Email to My Friends on the Left

(…especially Warren Buffet and Stephen King)

Hi all,

I just came across this wonderful opportunity for you. If you believe in bigger government, you can now directly help and the best part is you do not have to wait for the next election.


If your household makes over $88,030, you are in the top 20 percent of all households in the United States. In other words, you are certainly considered rich by the other 80 percent of your fellow citizens. And, without a doubt, you are among the super rich by world standards. logoSince you believe government needs to take care of those less fortunate, you have a moral obligation to go to to make your voluntary contribution to reduce the public debt.

If you are not technically savvy, they will also accept a check payable to the Bureau of the Public Debt, and in the memo section, notate that it’s a Gift to reduce the Debt Held by the Public. Mail your check to:

Attn Dept G
Bureau of the Public Debt
P. O. Box 2188
Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188

My suggestion would be to send anything you make over $88,030, because you must believe that a government bureaucrat can spend your money more wisely than you, otherwise why would you think I need to pay more.

Any questions?

4 thoughts on “Open Email to My Friends on the Left

  1. The left (bigger gvt.)? Oh Ed, the largest government expansion in 50yrs happened under GB2. But let’s not let those stubborn things like facts get in the way…


  2. Bob, thanks for you comment and I totally agree!

    The Republicans want to finance government spending with debt. The Democrats with tax increases. Either way we grow government. At least the Democrats are honest about it.

    I favor and actual REDUCTION in the size of the federal government. As in a real reduction in spending from one year to the next.

  3. Both sides simplify too much. Freeze the social aspects of the budget to 2000 level
    Bring the defense portion to some sane level
    Do the base closure
    What the heck, this is a total waste of time

Warning: Illegal string offset 'cookies' in /home/content/15/4513315/html/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 2294

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.