Earlier this week I had the honor to deliver a session at AccountEX in the UK. Here is the video:
And below are the slides:
Some random thoughts on the trip:
- I was on the ground in London for 30 hours total. As a result, the jet lag was not so bad. I think I caught up with it on the way home.
- Of the 30 hours on the ground, three of them were spent going from/to Heathrow and the ExCeL Centre. London is not set up for automobile traffic. The 26 mile trip took 90+ minutes each way. That included one half a leg via the Heathrow Express train to the centre of London.
- On the way back to the airport I passed by Buckingham Palace. My Über driver informed me that the Queen was not at home. Good for her.
- I am sure the is not reflective of the country in general, but I can honestly say that the best meals I had were on the plane coming and going.
- I had about 45 people attend the session. I think they liked it. The English are a tough crowd.